Martes, Nobyembre 29, 2011

a person in a tree

what is a person ?
 thus a person is a major component of a nature?
then why does person die and the nature are still in there?
a person cannot leave without the nature.... thus a nature can live without a person?

I’m a nature person, not a people person. So I figured if I was going to pick up thoughts/emotions/feelings off anything, a tree would be better than a person. I’d probably relate to it more.
Turns out it’s pretty hard to pick up on a tree. Of course, I’m not stupid. I wasn’t expecting to have a chat. For one, trees don’t speak English. I can’t start broadcasting small talk and expect it to understand. Even sending emotions, as you might do with an animal, is pretty useless. Trees don’t have much use for emotions. They simply exist.
I did get one breakthrough. I had my hand pressed against the trunk – I’d had my face against it until I was bitten viciously by a miniature ant – and with my eyes closed heard ‘skitterers’. Well, I didn’t hear it exactly, I felt it – the warning of something skittering. When I opened my eyes, a huge ant was crawling towards my hand. Already bitten once, I withdrew.


Only later did I realize the tree had notified me, not intentionally, but simply while observing things around it. Obviously, the tree doesn’t have the same name for an ant, but it recognized it by its movement. So far, it seems you pick up a tree’s simple observations of its world and nothing more. But maybe I’ll find more the next time I try.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento